WATCH VIA COMPUTER/LAPTOP/PHONE:
- Click the 'accept now' or 'watch now' button in the watch link email (you can find when the watch link will be sent on the screening invitation email or film page on our website.
- Once on the film page, click the 'unlock to watch' button on the film
- If/when prompted, log into your Eventive account
- The email for your Eventive account must match the email on your Film Society account
- If it is your first time using Eventive, you will be prompted to create an account
- The film is now unlocked and you must begin watching within the watch window specified on the invitation
- Click the 'Watch Now' button on the film image to begin watching. You will receive a pop-up that states you have X # of hours to finish watching the film (generally 24 hours).
- If a Q&A is available, it will play immediately after the film.
WATCH ON MY TELEVISION:
You may watch films using Roku, Apple TV, or HDMI connection.
DOWNLOAD INSTRUCTIONS WITH SCREENSHOTS HERE
Roku & Apple TV
- On your Roku or Apple TV (4th generation or later), download the Eventive App, via ‘add channel’ or ‘app store’. Follow the steps prompted. Once the Eventive app is successfully added a code will appear on you rtelevision screen
- Go to your computer/tablet/phone and in your browser navigate to watch.eventive.org/tv.
- Log into your Eventive account using the same email address that is associated with your Film Society account (click log-in in top right corner)
- Click on the gray circle with intitials in top right corner of watch.eventive.org. In the expanded menu, choose TV App Setup.
- When prompted, enter the custom code that is shown on your TV
- Once you successfully log-in and enter the custom code, your TV will automatically log in.
- Content available to you, will appear on your TV app. Select the content you wish to watch.
- Content may not be ‘unlocked’ via the Roku or Apple TV App, this must be completed via watch.eventive.org on your computer/tablet/phone.
- If you have subscribed or purchased content via Eventive from other organizations, this content may appear here as well.
You can directly connect a laptop or computer using an HDMI cable by doing the following:
- Make sure your computer is close enough to your Television for the HDMI cable to reach between them safely.
- Connect one end of the HDMI cable into an available HDMI port on the TV. Take note of the HDMI input number it is being connected to.
- Plug the other end of the cable into your laptop's HDMI out port
- Set the TV to the HDMI Input port that the computer is connected to using the source or display button on your TV remote.
- If your computer's display does not automatically appear on your television screen, you may need to have the computer manually detect the display.
- Windows: Right-click on the desktop > Display Settings > Click Detect > Click the "Multiple displays" drop-down box and select "Duplicate these displays") > Click Apply.
- Mac: Go to the Apple Menu > choose System Preferences > Choose the “Displays” panel > Hold down the “Option” key to show the “Detect Displays” button – note that it replaces the ‘Gather Windows’ button > Click on “Detect Displays” while holding down Option to use the function as intended.
- To watch films with an HDMI connection, you will log into Eventive through your computer broswer
- The Screen Mirroring feature on Smart TVs and other devices cannot be used.
- Many browsers built into Smart TVs and other devices will NOT allow protected content to play.
- The Eventive App is not available for all Smart TV's - it must be a Roku SMart TV
- The Eventive App is NOT available for Amazon Fire Stick
Still need assisance waching films via Eventive? Please email email@example.com
I RSVP'd for a member screening, but the content isn't appearing in Eventive?
- The film may not be live for watch yet – please check the live date and watch window on the member screening invite
- The film may not be being shown through Eventive platform, please check member screening invite
- Confirm you are logged into Eventive with the email associated with your Film Society member account