To be a moﬃe is to be weak, eﬀeminate, illegal. The year is 1981 and South Africa’s white minority government is embroiled in a conﬂict on the southern Angolan border. Like all white boys over the age of 16, Nicholas Van der Swart must complete two years of compulsory military service to defend the Apartheid regime. The threat of communism and “die swart gevaar” (the so-called black danger) is at an all-time high. But that’s not the only danger Nicholas faces. He must survive the brutality of the army – something that becomes even more diﬃcult when a connection is sparked between him and a fellow recruit.
*Film previously played at the 2020 Palm Springs International Film Festival*
How to watch
- The film will be available to watch March 31 1:00pm PT until April 2, 11:59pm PT via Eventive
- RSVP's must be received by 10am PT on March 31
- The watch link will be sent in the afternoon after 1:00pm PT on March 31 from firstname.lastname@example.org
- This screening WILL count toward your member screening allotments
- Film previously played at 2020 Palm Springs International Film Festival
Further details on how to watch on Eventive may be found here.
|Date: Mar 31 1:00 p.m. to Apr 02 - 11:59 p.m.||Event Has Passed|