The Palm Springs International Film Society is a non-profit 501 (c)(3) organization which produces the Palm Springs International Film Festival and Palm Springs International ShortFest in conjunction with year round community and member programming. Film Society and Festival team members are dedicated to providing the best experience to our festival attendees, filmmakers, and film society members. If you enjoy working collaboratively on a team, thrive in a high-paced environment and are dedicated to providing excellent customer service, we'd love to have you as part of our team.
Resumes are accepted for posted positions only. Please submit resume and cover letter to Employment@psfilmfest.org with the title of the position in the subject line.
PALM SPRINGS INTERNATIONAL FILM SOCIETY
OPERATIONS MANAGER | Full-time Year-round
The Operations Manager is a full-time position reporting to the Managing Director. The Operations Manager coordinates and plans production aspects of the not-for-profit 501(c)(3) Palm Springs International Film Society and its festivals as well as a wide-range of tasks that include IT supervision, website content management, and HR coordination. This role works closely with all departments to maintain and increase the efficiency of the organization while working towards the common mission.
An ideal candidate should have experience in a film festival or similar event management role and the ability to manage a wide variety of tasks regarding event production, IT management, venue operations, box office administration, CMS management, human resources, office administration, database management and policy & procedure implementation. Additionally, candidates should have proven ability to develop and maintain an environment of trust and inclusion within a team.
ELEMENTS OF THE POSITION INCLUDE
- Assist with development of annual budgets, operational policies & procedures, and strategic business goals.
- Organization administrator for Google Suite, Windows SBS server, DocuSign, Filemaker Pro, website CMS, Adobe, Zoom, and telecom services.
- Responsible for planning, implementation, and oversight of production and operations of six theater venues and five office locations during the International Film Festival; one theater venue and three event locations during ShortFest.
- Schedule, order, track, and inventory production supplies, including computer rentals, office furniture, event rentals.
- Create and revise systems and procedures; analyze operating practices, research solutions for efficiency and implement updates.
- In conjunction with the Managing Director, create and oversee the development and distribution of contracts for staff and contractors; coordinate staff housing.
- In conjunction with the Managing Director, oversee box office administration and back office preparation.
- Update and maintain website content organization wide; coordinate revisions with all departments.
- Collaborate with the creative services and marketing teams regarding signage, digital content, and on-screen messaging.
- Create, update, and maintain staff and organization forms in shared folders and DocuSign.
- Participate in the recruitment and staff selection process; review and analyze resumes; implement training & orientation practices.
- Act as on-site IT administrator; assist in resolving IT issues; set-up and distribution of computers, printers, and IT account information.
- Liaise with theater venue, hotel, and office property management; coordinate schedules, operation requirements, and BEO’s.
- Prepare and update Filemaker Pro scripts and layouts in accordance with festival changes and needs.
- Evaluate, test, and coordinate updates with box office and website development teams; ensure efficient film data imports and user experience.
- Supervise seasonal production and theater operations employees.
- Maintain master account and password list for all organization accounts.
- Create audience and staff tutorials regarding box office, website, and other platforms; assist with online distribution.
- Participate in and coordinate the development and distribution of festival signage, publications, and messaging.
- Develop, manage and coordinate group sales contracts and implementation during festivals.
- Update new hire information in Filemaker Pro database and assist with payroll tracking.
- Create, manage, and distribute online forms used for registration and credentialing.
- Demonstrated leadership and management capability.
- Advanced experience with Google Suite and Microsoft Office products.
- Intermediate experience with DocuSign, Elevent or similar box office platform, Filemaker Pro or similar database.
- Basic knowledge of Windows SBS advance directory, computer networking, copier & printer installation, and Photoshop.
- Ability to learn, evaluate, and navigate new technical programs and platforms with ease; troubleshoot and rectify issues with little direction.
- Ability to adapt and change swiftly; accommodate unforeseen obstacles.
- Effective and professional communication and people skills.
- Strong collaboration and problem-solving skills.
- Sharp proof-reading and writing abilities.
- Ability to lift 40+ lbs. and frequently move equipment and supplies.
- Must have their own reliable transportation as this position requires frequent travel between venues and offices during festivals.
- Experience with film festivals or other arts organizations is preferred.
- Extended hours, including most weekends and some holidays are required May through June and December through January.
Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance, Paid vacation & sick time, 7 paid holidays plus 2 floater holidays, flex Fridays (during off-seasons), 401K option, complimentary Film Society Membership, complimentary Festival tickets, mileage reimbursement for business purposes.
PALM SPRINGS SHORTFEST 2022
Please check back soon for ShortFest opportunities.