Festival passes allow for priority admission to regular screenings without the need for a ticket. Passes for the 2021 International Film Festival will be available for purchase beginning August 1, 2020.
How do I purchase passes?
Order online or via phone beginning August 1, 2020 at 9am
- Create an account here or log in to your existing profile, or click the 'purchase passes' button above
- Select the pass you want to purchase.
- FILM SOCIETY MEMBERS make sure to log in to your account first in order to get your member discount.
- All purchases are subject to a $3.00 handling charge per order.
ORDER BY PHONE
- 800.898.7256 or 760.778.8979 Monday-Friday 9am-5pm
Where do I send the photo for my pass?
- All non-transferable passes require a photo (Platinum, Concierge, 5-day, Industry & Media).
- Photos should be passport style and meet the following requirements:
- Recent (within the last 5 years)
- Forward facing above the shoulders
- Solely of the passholder
- In focus without facial obstructions
- Photos should be emailed to Credentials@psfilmfest.org
- If you are unable to email a photo, please call 760.778.8979 for alternative options.
- A photo must be received in order to process your pass.
- Failure to submit a quality photo by December 12, 2020 may result in a delay of receiving your pass.
Where do I pick up my pass?
777 E. Tahquitz Canyon Way, Suite G15 (Regal Theatres Courtyard)
January 2-8, 9am-7pm
January 9-13, 10am-2pm
How to navigate with a pass?
- Always wear your pass, you will not be admitted without it
- ALL passes allow entry for the pass holder only
- Enter the "Passholder" line for the film you which to see*
- It is recommended you arrive 45 minutes prior to show time. Lines begin forming no earlier than 1 hour before showtime.
- Queue cards will be given out until the pass allotment is reached
- *Benefactor and Concierge pass holders do not need to wait in line or collect a Queue Card, but may not enter the theater until venue staff begins seating
- All passes will be scanned upon entering the theater
- If you need to leave the theater at anytime after you are seated, you MUST grab a re-admit slip from a volunteer. You will not be admitted back into the screening without presenting your pass AND the re-admit slip
- Bearing a ticket or pass to the Palm Springs International Film Festival signifies agreement to all terms and conditions.
An allotment of seats is reserved at every screening for pass holders. Pass holder lines form one hour before show time (no early birds). Pass holder may obtain a Queue Card 45 minutes prior to the showtime until the pass holder allotment is reached. Once the pass holder has a Queue Card, the pass holder does not have to wait in line. With a Queue Card seating is guaranteed up to 20 minutes prior to show time. Early arrival at all screenings is recommended. Passes do not guarantee seating and pass holders may not always be able to attend the film program of their first choice of screening times or location. Once the allotment is reached, any remaining pass holders may choose to wait, and will be on standby. At 10 minutes before show time, after queued pass holders and tickets holders are seated, empty seats will be made available to the pass holders in standby.
Queue Cards are distributed for individual shows to better control entry and determine as quickly as possible when a show is expected to reach the passholder allotment. Only one Queue Card per passholder present will be issued. No saving places in line for friends or family. The Queue Card must be presented with a valid pass for admittance.
If you leave a screening for any reason (i.e. bathroom, concessions, make a phone call), you must collect a re-admit slip from a volunteer upon leaving. You will not be allowed to re-enter the theater without presenting the re-admit slip AND your pass.
Is my pass valid on best of fest day?
Benefactor, American Express, Concierge, Platinum, Sponsor, Media and Industry passes are valid for Best of Fest (Monday, January 18).
5-day A and 5-day B passes are not valid on Best of Fest.
I lost my pass, what do I do?
Visit our Credentials team and let them know you've lost your pass.
- Saving places in line or saving seats for other guests or between shows is not permitted.
- If you need to leave the auditorium for any reason, take your ticket stub or pass with you and be sure to pick up a RE-ADMIT pass before you leave. No one will be re-admitted without the re-admit pass and their ticket stub or festival pass.
- No recording equipment is permitted in the theatre auditorium.
- Please turn off all cell phones and mobile devices during the film presentation.
- For the pleasure of all guests there is no talking permitted during the film presentation and no late seating.
- Please complete and return your ballot immediately following each screening.
- To expedite theatre cleaning and seating please discard your trash and exit promptly after your screening.
- All theatre auditoriums are cleared between show times.
- Many lines are outside of the theatres. Please dress appropriately for comfort, as it can get hot during the day and cold in the evenings. Theaters may also get chilly.
- No outside food permitted in the festival theatres. Please visit the concession stand.
- No large bags will permitted inside the theaters. Bags are subject to search by PSIFF or venue staff.
- TERMS AND CONDITIONS
REFUNDS & EXCHANGES
The Palm Springs International Film Society (PSIFS) refund policy is that ALL SALES ARE FINAL. NO REFUNDS OR EXCHANGES. (Except in cases of cancellation by PSIFS). The PSIFS reserves the right to refuse service to anyone for any reason. We enforce this policy to ensure a secure, professional, and convenient environment for all of our customers.